We are now in the spring season and as the weather warms up around us, there is an abudance of flowers blooming and beautiful changes occuring within the cemetery. With these changes an increase in maintenance activity occurs within our cemetery as well. For example, Lawn mowing of the cemetery grounds will occur on a daily basis. You may have questions on what is appropriate display for grass level markers, monuments and niches. This is why we have listed here our standards on flower placement to assist you in picking out the most appropriate tribute for your loved one.
Memorial lawn gardens:
- Cut flowers or potted plants: are encouraged throughout the year. Cut flowers may be placed at the gravesite in ground level cemetery vases or temporary cone vases. Plants up to 8 inches in size should be displayed on the marker to assist with mowing. Due to limited display space we encourage two placements per burial space.
- Plants and flowers: will remain in place until they become wilted, faded or unsightly; at this time they will be removed and recycled.
- Potted plants and cut flowers: may contain fertilizing elements or other materials that can cause rusting. We recommend caution when placing on a bronze or granite memorial as discoloration may result.
- Seasonal decorations: Holiday tributes (e.g. Mother’s Day, Easter, Father’s Day, and Memorial Day) are encouraged. All tributes will be removed one week after the holiday. Artificial flowers are not allowed due to mowing season.
Care must be given when placing flowers and decorations so as not to visually block or impede upon other niche property.
- Niche flower vases: are designed for fresh-cut flowers. Artificial flowers are not allowed except as a seasonal decoration.
- Potted plants: in pots up to 6 inches in diameter with a maximum of one plant per niche may be placed on the floor for families with floor-level niches. Drip trays are a necessary for all potted plants. When placing your plant, care should be taken to avoid risk of a trip hazard for other visitors.
- Seasonal decorations: Holiday tributes (e.g. Mother’s Day, Easter, Father’s Day, and Memorial Day) are encouraged. All tributes will be removed one week after the holiday. Artificial flowers allowed during this time.
Click here for a printable copy of our standards for flower display. It includes additional information on our hours of operations, safety policy and other helpful tips.