At Washelli we understand that the trust you have placed in us to carry out the final wishes of your loved on is sacred. Our twelve-point assurance process and open door policy guarantees your loved one never leaves our care and that the cremated remains of your loved one will be returned safely to you.
Here’s how it works.
1. Your Loved One Never Leaves Our Care. Many other funeral homes hire third-party companies to transport, hold, handle and conduct the cremation. These providers rarely ever see or take possession of your loved one prior to the cremation. This makes it virtually impossible for the funeral home to manage and supervise the cremation. Once your loved one is in our care, they never leave our care.
2. Ensuring Personal Identity. An identification band with your loved ones name is placed on them at the time they are escorted by our staff into our care.
3. Coordinated Tracking System. At our facility, your loved one is assigned a personal identification number (PIN) that is stamped into a metal tag and logged into our computer tracking system. This number is used to track every phase of the cremation process. Our tracking system includes all elements from the time your loved on reaches our facility to the moment we place them back into your care.
4. Open Door Policy. We have made our facilities as accommodating and accessible to families as possible. You are always welcome to inspect, attend or witness the cremation process.
5. Family Identification. Our staff will prepare your loved one in the clothes provided by the family or a gown we provide. It is important you or a representative by able to positively identify your loved one prior to cremation. If families choose not to participate then we would request the family provide current photo identification to our staff to complete this critical step.
6. Certification of Paperwork. All cremation paperwork is reviewed to ensure authorizations, permits, schedule of cremation has been properly documented.
7. Cremation Control Log. We maintain a control log containing the cremation information for your loved one, such as his/her name, dates and times, containers used and cremation technicians involved. This control log is maintained as a record to the 12-point process.
8. Final Farewells. A unique aspect to our cremation process is having the option to treat the cremation in the same manner as a graveside service when families are saying their farewells. If chosen, the family will have the option to be present at the time of cremation in order to have a brief moment before the cremation.
9. Procedure During Cremation. The PIN tag that is assigned to your loved one remains with them at all times, even during the cremation process. The identification card and paperwork are attached to the outside of the cremation unit during the cremation.
10. Procedures Following Cremation. Following the cremation the PIN tag is removed from the crematory. The number is verified, the cremated remains are placed, along with the PIN tag into the urn selected by the family. The identification card is placed inside the urn with the cremated remains along with a second card placed in our permanent records.
11. Peace of Mind. If you preplanned a basic cremation service with us and death were to occur outside our service area (but still inside the continental U.S.) we will coordinate with another cremation provider to honor your plan at no additional cost- providing you added peace of mind.
12. Gatherings and Celebrations of Life. A time to reflect or pay tribute to a life lived is meaningful or many family members and friends. Our event professionals and certified celebrants will assist you in creating that personalized celebration, whether before or after the cremation.
we do it, so much that our 12 points
of assurance is a guarantee to every
family we serve.”
– Brian Braathen,
Manager, Funeral Director